In the weeks since my last post, I have continued to place an infinite amount of faith, trust, and confidence in myself and my practice-life. After reconnecting with family and friends over the holidays, visiting my favourite place on the planet; the desert (and on a full moon to boot!) and settling once more into a rhythm of life and a brand new year, I truly feel settled. There’s a shifting and landing that has taken place and for that, I’m grateful.
I will even begin teaching an intimate group of students in the coming weeks. It feels wonderful to be in a place where I feel a strong desire to share these practices with others…for a while, I needed them just for me! Retreat and rejuvenation are essential; as is connection.
At the beginning of the month, I needed clarity around what to offer of myself in the coming months. I wanted to share with you the practice that ensued.
Practice for Clarity
(Note: if you have an iPhone I like using the ‘Insight Timer’ app 🙂
Yin & Yang
- Wide Knee Child’s Pose (5 mins)
- Saddle Pose (5 mins) *can substitute sphinx
- Seal Pose (5 mins)
- Child’s Pose (3 mins)
- Seated cross-legged twist (active twist – sukhasana)
- Headstand (or any other inversion that has an element of ease for you; downward dog, child’s pose, dolphin – this isn’t the time for practicing a pose you are working towards)
12 minutes total
- (6 mins)Concentration; Each exhale, inwardly “relax”
- (6 mins) Mindfulness; taking a trip through your body to directly know it’s experience, then to your heart space to directly know what feelings are present, then to the head space to observe the content AND the spaciousness.